Museums, Historical Sites and Markers
Sesuit Neck Road at the marina and boat ramp, Dennis
Asa Shiverick launched his first vessel, a schooner, in 1815. This was followed by a square-rigged brig, many more schooners, and eventually eight handsome clipper ships that would grace harbors around the world. The Shivericks (Asa would be joined by three sons in 1837) moved the shipyard near the mouth of Sesuit Creek to enable the launch-ing of the much larger clipper ships, the only Cape shipyard to build such vessels. A Plaque honoring the Shivericks was dedicated in 1924.